Hi k12 design thinkers!
A few things to update you on this week:
- we've setup blog spaces for a few school sites. We also have a 'dschool extended family' blog. Let Adam (email@example.com
know if you'd like to be involved in some blogging and didn't receive
an email about it. We're hoping that the blogs will be a great
opportunity for you to share in your own words what is happening at all
of your schools. Can't wait to have great discussions and share
stories and insights!
2) Visitors - We had 8 visitors from
Southern Illinois University in town earlier this week. Thank you to
all who helped with that visit - they had a great time visiting Nueva,
EPA schools, and talking about school change with Bayside. Thank you
for making the time during this crazy time of year!
3) Congrats to I-Lab Director Kim Saxe and
d.school/IDEO founder David Kelley on fantastic sessions on design
thinking and schools during the Gifted Learners Conference at Nueva
this week. I've attached two photos from one of the sessions.
4) Call for Stories. We LOVE hearing how things are going in your classrooms. Please keep those stories coming!
5) Excited for the Teacher Celebration Event THIS Tuesday at the d.school! It's
going to be from 5pm - 7pm. We'll show a video on design thinking
created by local students, and learn/do some improv with The SImps
(stanford improvisers). And there will be great food and drink!
Please RSVP to me if you're planning on coming so I know we have
enough food. I've attached a flyer about the event.
Enjoy the weekend!