Allows people to discover and learn design thinking by example, using the current dschool website as well as any website.
Overlay.d allows experienced designers to create Overlay annotations explaining design principles and concepts utilized by their website.
Overlay.d helps anyone (including non-designers) discover these informative design principles by direct examples.
– Allows people to draw inspiration from others, including great designers and design students
– Allows people to collaborate and provide feedback on design
– Lets people discover design concepts at their own pace, with whatever interests them first. It provides a non-linear learning experience.
– Enables broad reach — allows people to share their knowledge by sharing via popular social media (facebook, twitter)
– Typically in other disciplines, learning involves reading up on the theory first, then applying it by working through examples.
overlay.d flips this around on its head by working from an example first (e.g., the work of professional designers) and pointing
out the theory using that example. It’s a paradigm shift to allow people to quickly identify what works well and what doesn’t,
and apply that to their own work. Instead of simply applying standard design concepts/principles, it allows people to build their own
design thinking foundation.
– This project allows anyone to share their design expertise with the world, by annotating existing sites.
– Facilitates discussion and collaboration with others
– You can reach anyone in the world who has an interest in design and change their lives.
Yuri de Souza