What is Designing for Sustainability?
a d.school Mini-Conference Fall 2006
Thursday, October 26, 2006
3:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Come join the students and faculty of MSE289 for a mini-conference on designing for sustainability. The conference is officially part of the d.school course, Clicks-n-Bricks: Creating Mass Market Experiences, but this session is open to all.
Thought leaders in sustainable design are featured speakers, including:
- Debra Dunn, former senior executive at HP in charge of sustainability
- Andrew Ruben, Wal-Mart’s VP of corporate strategy and sustainability
- Bob Adams, IDEO
Topics we will cover include:
- What is designing for sustainability?
- What are leading companies and organizations doing in this space?
- What’s the real deal behind Wal-Mart’s commitment to sustainability?
- What are some alternative views?
- How can you put sustainable design into practice in your work? Do you want to?