Join a community of learners, do-ers and teachers. Journey through a Design Thinking experience, apply it in the real world, and go forth and teach others the methodology.
Crash Course Requirements:
- This is a paired activity, so there must be an even number of participants.
- Internet connection, a large screen or projector with sound.
- Prototyping materials (arts & crafts supplies).
- Print outs of handouts supplied.
- Coordinate a group of participants and meeting space. There must be a minimum of 2 people, but no maximum for the number or participants.
- Present Opening Remarks on WHAT Design Thinking is to you, and why this is an important exercise for the group. There are NO wrong answers here.
- Facilitate and document the Crash Course debrief.
- Help your team move from learning design thinking to doing design thinking by visiting “Chart your own course” — It may help you to review the various mixtapes ahead of time so that you have a hunch as to what direction your team might want to take.
- Set up the room and materials.
- Space should be configured to allow for participants to pair up near one another easily.
- Check the AV before the meeting: test play and buffer the video; test the audio in the room.
- Have enough prototyping materials available (candy is always a nice add).
- Please print the following documents for each participant:
[Get it in German, Japanese, Spanish, Basque or French here.]
[The playbook and video in Japanese can be found here.]
- Play the video and follow the prompts.
- Play upbeat music during all steps while participants work, and turn it down to give instruction.
- Be assertive about keeping the timing tight. Follow the gong!