Rich Crandall extends his term at the d.school as Director of K-12

Please join us in extending our congratulations and warm re-welcome to Rich Crandall!

We are pleased to announce that Rich, one of our 2007-2008 d.school fellows, has agreed to remain at the d.school in a director’s role, leading the K-12 Lab through at least Summer 2009. Rich started with Susie Wise and the K-12 Lab team in the Autumn of 2007, and has been guiding these efforts since the Spring of 2008. He’s been continuing the work of developing K-12 design thinking curriculum and has been spinning up teaching teams with the Nueva School, East Palo Alto Academy, the Henry Ford Learning Institute, and more.

Rich and the K-12 team have executed on numerous teacher workshops and student experiences, and are engaged in building long-term relationships and fund raising development as well. We’re looking forward to seeing what new heights this year brings. Rich is an extraordinary design thinker and leader, and and passionate proponent of great learning experiences for kids. And he brings to the d.school a sure knowledge of what a little fun can do to change your day, your mood and your life

4 Responses

1. bob sutton
    bob sutton November 19, 2008 at 11:19 am |

I love that picture. And thanks for staying around!
    Bob Sutton

2. Daylin Breen
    Daylin Breen November 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm |

Fantastic news. Thanks for the inspirational conversations at Customer-Focused Innovation. I hope these ideas spread quickly through the K-12 system. This is the kind of difference I hope I can help create in my kid’s schools (way up here in Canada).
    Cheers,
    Daylin

3. Om
    Om April 2, 2009 at 3:18 pm |

Hi, I’m teaching Geometry and Design Principles in a small charter school that’s fighting to survive, what with all the budget cuts and problems in Sacramento. My school is affililiated with the Art Center of Design in Pasadena.
    Any assistance you can provide us will be greatly appreciated. We teachers here are excited about Design Based Learning.

4. star trek dvd
    star trek dvd April 10, 2009 at 12:11 am |

I am very enjoy your blog, your blog is very true of the bar, hoping to see you more exciting content! I wish you have a happy day! http://www.star-trek-dvd.com